COVID-19 RESPONSE: Sundance is taking the following measures to protect our staff and customers during the current health crisis. Continue reading…
Sundance is taking the following measures to protect our staff and customers during the current health crisis.
1) We ask customers and employees to do their best to maintain a 6-foot physical distance. Throughout the store pieces of tape on the floor indicate the prescribed 6-foot distance. We have an official Social Distancing Monitor. Maintaining an appropriate physical distance while shopping in our small store is intrinsically problematic – our aisles are narrow and our layout makes one-way aisles virtually impossible. Our shallow shelves and small produce department require that staff continuously restock the store throughout the day. We ask stockers to wait until customers leave an area that they need to stock. We also ask our remote shopping staff to be patient while people shop.
2) We have installed polycarbonate shields at the cash registers to protect cashiers and customers during checkout.
3) Cashiers sanitize their work station and key pad after each transaction.
4) Shopping baskets are sanitized after each use. Shopping carts are routinely sanitized throughout the day.
5) Cashiers sanitize their hands after each transaction.
6) Throughout the store, commonly touched surfaces are sanitized continuously throughout the day.
7) We provide hand-sanitizers at the ends of each counter for our customers to use before and after shopping.
8) Bulk bin scoops go into our Hobart sanitizer after each use.
9) Vaporizers around the store add anti-viral essential oils to the air.
10) We dedicate the first hour we are open, 7 am – 8 am, every day for the use of older and immune-compromised individuals.
11) We are open until 11pm every night, enabling people to shop after 9pm when there are far fewer people in the store.
12) We encourage everyone to wear face masks. We provide free masks for staff and paper masks for customers who request them. We do not require that either our staff or our customers wear masks. While face masks help inhibit the transmission of viruses, because they are often uncomfortable, they may do more harm than good for the wearer since people tend to repeatedly adjust their masks, lower or reach under them to scratch the face, and thus can put the wearer at risk of self-contamination. Some people feel a false sense of security while wearing them and may come too close to our staff or other customers. Whatever their shortcomings may be, there is no argument that masks do help to some degree, although physical distancing whenever possible seems to be the most important practice in decreasing the possibility of exposure.
For anyone who wants the greatest degree of possible protection, the best approach is to avoid any indoor public space and shop remotely. Sundance invested in an online shopping cart and every day a team of staff members shop for customers at no additional charge. We will bring customers’ purchases to their vehicles or they can be delivered by Pedaler’s Express or another delivery service. The shopping cart can be found at shop.sundancenaturalfoods.com.